Tuesday Shrimp Jambalaya-Recipe from Emeril
(Tomorrow another Pioneer Woman recipe-Sherry Tomato Soup (from scratch) with grilled cheese!)
Ingredients
12 Shrimp-I bought a bag of small peeled and no tails
4 oz chicken (I used canned chicken)
1 tbsp creole seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
3 bay leaves
1 tsp worchershire sauce
1 tsp hot sauce
3/4 cup rice
3 cups chicken stock
5 oz sausage, sliced
salt and pepper
1. In Bowl combine shrimp, chicken and creole. MIX
2. In large sauce pan heat oil over high heat with onions, peppers, celery for about 3 minutes, add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, worchershire and hot sauce.
3. Add rice and slowly add chicken broth.
4. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
5. When rice is just tender add shrimp, chicken and sausage. Cook until meat is done about 10 minutes.
6. Season to taste with salt/pepper and creole.
All I had was ground sausage, so I cooked it in a separate pan and put in at the end. I also put double the veggies and meat because Jon isn't eating carbs so I couldn't use the rice. It was REALLY yummy but be careful not to put to much hot sauce! Mine was hot! lol
yum! i need to try this! i'll be waiting to see how that pioneer woman recipe turns out :)
ReplyDeleteI think I could fix her food everynight! Rumor in Bartlesville...she may be getting a cooking show on Food Network :)
ReplyDelete