Last night Jon pulled out his guitar before Jai went to bed. Jai use to fall asleep to the sound of his daddy singing and playing but now all he wants to do is strum the strings! Enjoy the pics!
And now for the food part!
Sherried Tomato Soup (Pioneer Woman)
Ingredients:
1 medium white or yellow onion
6 tbsp (3/4 stick) butter
Two 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
One 46 oz bottle or can tomato juice
3-6 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp chicken base or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
Ground black pepper
1 cup Sherry
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped basil
1. Dice the onion
2. Melt the butter in a large pot or dutch oven
3. Put onion in pot with butter, cook until translucent
4. Dump in diced tomatoes and stir
5. Add the tomato juice
6. Now add the 3-6 tbsp of sugar. Ree (author of pioneer woman) puts 6 tbsp....so that is exactly what I
did!
7. She also puts 3 tbsp of chicken base, which is what you need to add next. I would put one tablespoon at
a time and taste to make sure 3 is what you want.
8. Add lots of fresh ground black pepper.
9. The best part!! Add the sherry!
10. Heavy cream is next!
11. Add your chopped parsley and basil. Walmart was out of basil so I only used parsley and it was still
awesome.
12. Now more black pepper!
13. Keep it warm and serve! We ate with grilled cheese and it went together like peanut butter and jelly!
THIS WAS A BIG HIT WITH JON! One of the best soups I've ever had....ummmm
This is what Jai does to the front room while I'm cooking :)
His new marshmallow blower.
No comments:
Post a Comment