As promised here is the first night of my weekly meals!
Pioneer Woman Yummy Meatloaf!
Loaf:
1 cup milk
6 slices of bread
2 lbs ground beef (used turkey before and it was yum too)
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
ground black pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup flat minced parsley
4 eggs beaten
8-12 slices of bacon
Tomato Gravy:
1 1/2 cups ketchup
6 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
dash of hot sauce (I used more than a dash)

Straight out of her book!
Preheat oven to 350!!!

Pour milk over bread and let soak for a couple minutes

Combine beef, bread, cheese, salt, seasoned salt, black pepper, parsley and pour in eggs. Mix with hands!

Form mixture into a loaf on a broiler pan (add bread if it
doesn't hold very well). Helps to put foil on the bottom of pan to catch all the grease for easier clean up!
Lay bacon slices over the top and tuck underneath the meatloaf.

Mix ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard and hot sauce.

This is the hot sauce I used. Jon's
Fav
Pour 1/3 sauce over loaf.
Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of remaining gravy over loaf. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Yummm!! It was perfecto!
(use the remaining gravy as dipping sauce and I would heat it up.)
look at you...suzy homemaker! looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteHaha...I try! We'll see if I can still function once the babys here!
ReplyDelete