My last post was more on the facts about what was going on with Aubrey. I never said thank you to all the wonderful people that gave us kinds words and support. We had family and friends across the world that were praying, posting on facebook and calling daily. I'll never forget the feeling of walking out of the PICU (only after her being in there for about one hour) and having the entire waiting area full of family. Aubrey has an army of supporters behind her...she is one blessed little girl! Jon and I are still getting texts and calls daily and we appreciate all the love that is being given.
I was a big huge mess the first few days in the hospital. She was in no pain but still having all these test ran. I just couldn't comprehend why they needed all these tests. Jon just kept reassuring me that there was a good reason for it. By the way on a side note....why I know that Jon will be a great doctor and is a great daddy/hubby....he kept me as calm as he could the entire time. He asked all the right questions and when I couldn't stay in room to watch another needle go in her or her wake up from anesthetic, he never left her side. He always explained the reasoning for whatever procedure they were going to do, trying to make me feel comfortable about it. (although nothing was going to make me feel OK about her being held down and poked on while she was screaming)
I know there are families that have to go through alot more in the hospitals with their babies. But to me this was the worst few days of my life. We are extremely thankful that she is healthy and vibrant as ever, but I never want to see her like that ever again!
Since she has been home she hasn't stopped smiling. She is so happy, she loves for people to get in her face and talk. I can already tell she is going to have a bubbly personality. Since we've been home we also have been calling, emailing and mailing doctors like crazy! Our goal is to have a doctor picked by this Friday. We have been in contact with many Childrens Hospitals for the last few days. It looks like its between Boston, Philadelphia, Cincinnati and Denver. We've actually talked to or emailed a doctor at each, except for Philly. We have overnighted a CD of all her radiology images to all the doctors, so once they get that we'll have a better insight to which doctor knows more about what is going on. So that is all the updates that I have....but hopefully by Friday I can tell you more!
P.S. Right now she is sleeping soundly in her swing and Jai is sitting on my lap eating a hot dog. All is great in the Robins household :)
Glad to here the hunt for a doctor is nearing the end! Hope to see you guys soon!!
ReplyDelete